Steel Products Limited was established in the year 1960, with equal equity participation
of Govts. of Mysore
and Andhra Pradesh. It is a successor to Work shops & Machinery Division(1948) of Tungabhadra Project, which was set up
with an idea to undertake manufacture of Gates & Hoists required for
spillways, Sluices & Canal Gates of Tungabhadra Dam. Govt. of
invested 79 % of the shares and became a major shareholder, bringing the
Company under the administrative control of Ministry of Heavy Industry,
Government of India..
- In 1999 TSP established Malaprabha Mini Hydel plant near Saundatti town, Belgaum which is 200 kms from Hospet on the downstream of right bank canal of Malaprabha reservoir utilizing the canal drop.
- Total capacity of the is 2.4 mw (2 x 1.2mw) and designed to generate 5 million units per annum. Generated power is fed into state electricity grid through a 11KV double circuit line of 5km.
- The plant is maintained by TSP and mainly consists :
- Turbine : 2 Nos. of “s” type full Kaplan- CKD Blansko, Czech
- Generator : 2 Nos of 1200kw, 3.3
- KV induction type - Crompton Greaves
- Power transformer : 2 Nos of 1650 KVA, 11/3.3kv-GEC
- Control system : Scoda operated plc control system- Grouppe Schnieder,
Today the company is poised to supply products on turn- key basis meeting
National and International standards with requirements of third party
inspection like BVIS, Lloyds etc.